
Today would be my mom's 84th birthday. It's overcast and rainy and that seems to fit the way I feel. This is one of several days of the year that are hard to get through because I miss her so much. It's not that I'm not moving on with my life; it's just that she was such a great person and a wonderful mother and I'll always have such a tremendous amount of love for her. I guess I'll always wish she was still here.
I guess I don't have anything original to say about losing someone you love. What can you really say that hasn't been said before? It's all about the feelings.
I'm in the planning stages of a crazy quilt project about her. I've heard other artists say that working on a memorial project of some type helped them deal with their grief. I wonder. I hope they're right. I wasn't able to start anything like this earlier, though. It's just now that almost 3 years have passed since I lost her that I'm able to turn a corner in a way. I don't even know how to describe that corner but I think it might be at the intersection of "This is not happening" Blvd. and "I think I might be able to handle this now" Avenue (not to be too cute about it).
Anyway, I'll post some pictures as the project comes along, although I'm not sure who I'm talking to because nobody really knows about this blog. I've noticed that many of my fellow knitters have blogs but I feel that would be pretty presumptuous of me to do since I haven't even been knitting a year and am such a newbie, although I like to think I'm a brave one.


No comments:
Post a Comment